Thursday, February 25, 2010

life

Here I sit on a Thursday night, watching "Kitchen Nightmares" and looking at a floor lamp that has a busted joint so the light isn't where it needs to be and am thinking what I should do to fix it.

Thought about checking ChatRoulette just for the heck of it but thought I might end up hooked and that's one thing I don't need in my life!

Last night I was sitting watching American Idol with my dog laying on my right arm and I wanted to put the foot up on my recliner so without knocking her off the chair I bent my arm down behind her body to push the button. It wasn't a "bend" that was awkward or anything - just my arm sliding down to the buttons and they are easy to push.  While I was pushing the button my right forearm went into spasm and locked!!  I couldn't believe it!  I had to get Andy to get the dog off my lap so I could try to get the spasm to let go.  It took about 3 minutes before it finally released.  Now, the reason that I mention this is one thing and one thing only.  It is starting to do what my left arm did before my whole left side got buggered up.  Now it's advancing to the right side.  Not a good sign.  Need to get a diagnosis and not just pain meds to help deal with the pain (although I'm not knocking the pain meds - they have been a life saver literally!).  But it's scary when you think you have  one good side and suddenly that side starts doing exactly what the left side did as it was getting to where it is today.  This is something I'm gonna have to discuss with my pain management doc and see what he suggests.  I have an appt with my orthopedic surgeon and I will mention to him the fact that I have symptoms moving to the right side now and see what he says and will also mention it to (as I've said) to the PM doc after that visit. I know I'm going to be told nerve damage but why is it moving to the right when everything was so severely on the left?  Hopefully I'll find out.

1 comment:

  1. Never did find out anything although, here in 2014, the symptoms seem to have stabilized. Tho, oddly enough, my left arm is now stronger than my right one. What kinda sense does that make? Also get bad jitters/tremors anymore. Quite often actually. Usually every day tho some days are lots worse than others.

    ReplyDelete