Sunday, March 14, 2010

Ginger - Again


Ginger is getting most annoyed with us - she can't stand the drops but Andy keeps trying anyway - don't know how much they are working - hoping that even the little bit that can soak in before she licks it off will help. On the plus side, it's not getting bigger and MAY be getting smaller - MAY be......praying so anyway.




And if it doesn't go away and they decide to remove it (right now it doesn't bother her - maybe it's not that Mast Cell tumor they said - but regardless - I'm trying to decide if I want to take the time to do a needle biopsy on it or just take the danged thing and get it over with.  Another thing - stitches in that part of her body (lip) I don't know how well that works  I mean dogs don't "smile" like we do and they have lots of mouth - if she eats will it tend to try to pop the stitches?  I've never had a dog that has had to have stitches in it's mouth.  

But, on the pessimistic side, I told Andy tonite that if something happens and we lose her, I'm getting another one as soon as there's another litter listed.  I can't sit home alone when I can't get out because I'm hurting -- I'll go crazy(er)!!  Even when she's not sleeping on me and is over on the couch or by my feet or outside playing with babe and we're not interacting, she's still "here".

There's no reason that this should turn ugly - it should turn into one of those "Do you remember when Ginger....." stories.  So I'm hoping God, who gave me this dog who attached to me IMMEDIATELY when I picked her up - Clay had his hands in the carrier as well and she jumped over into my hands and then burrowed herself inside my coat - won't take her away from me after so short a time.  And she's been MY baby since.  Oh, as I've said before, she loves Andy too - she may get up to see which way he's going (if she even bothers doing that) but if *I* get up it is to go see what I'm doing - she'll follow me in the bathroom in the hopes that she gets an empty toilet paper core - man she loves to take those into the living room and just chew and tear that sucker up into bitty pieces.  She very seldom eats one of the pieces - just likes to make the mess.

Oh, and to top it off, when it gets close to her visit on the 31st I have to start watching for her to go to the bathroom so I can go grab up her "goodies" for her yearly fecal test and she's also due for one of her shots so depending on what Brad does to her, he'll definitely have the feces to test but she may not get her shot until later on.  We'll see.

You know - this is the stuff I should be writing on my blog instead of FB!! LOL  Maybe I'll copy all this and do that :) Which, as you can see - I did :)

No comments:

Post a Comment